A Sick and Shaky Monday Morning

I just got in from having a cracked filling replaced. I'm feeling very shaky right now, but I don't know if it's from tossing and turning all night worrying about my dental appointment or from catching the virus that my son had this weekend. I'll see if it wears off this afternoon.

Speaking of wearing off I can't feel the base of my tongue, but the tip is tingling. What a strange feeling. Have you ever found yourself after a dental invasion wondering what your life would be like if the novacane never wore off. How you would have to cope, explaining that you weren't always like that. You used to BE somebody. Finding out if you would qualify for handicapped parking. My guess is probably not.

I'm sure you've noticed that I don't have any new cards or cartoons today. You're observant like that. I would apologize, but it's getting kind of redundant and it tends to lose it's meaning with so much repetition. Let's just say that I have ideas that I'm working on and leave it at that.

Derek has informed me that his wife revised her opinion of me and has decided that I am, in fact, going to Hell. I just REALLY hope that the numbness in my face has worn off before I get there. I don't want to talk like a slobbering goob my first day in Hell. I just won't be taken seriously from that point on. So to that end I need to concentrate on keeping my tongue from sliding down my throat and suffocating me at my desk, thus hastening me on my journey to an eternity of flames and damnation all because of a bad joke. Wish me luck.

Comments

Popular Posts