Illustration Friday - "Sticky"

Once again I decided to try my hand at ArtRage 2 and see what I could come up with. I have also included some of the stages* that it passed through. Click the pic to see a bigger versions.



Once again I stuck with the pencil tool for the most part. The only exception is the background that I made with the roller. I tried to work with the oils first, but – much like real life – paint just isn't my friend. I'll try working at it as a side project and see if I can make something decent out of it however for something on a deadline like IF I think it would be wise to stick with what I'm "good" at. One thing I can't remember about oils though: do you work from light to dark, or dark to light?

*I've decided to start up a new "blog" where I will be posting the steps of the drawings that I do, starting with this one. It's called Visual Breakdown and it can be found near the top of my sidebar. Here's the direct link to some of the steps that went into "Sticky".

----

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention it again this week. Our weekly podcast is up and you can get to it from Derek's site: Son of Cheese. I haven't listened to it yet, but I have been assured that it isn't one of our best. So there you go.

Comments

TXArtcGal said…
UH oh...looks like this little guy has a little problem! What a fun illustration!

I ended up purchasing the ArtRage2 myself...and, have had a bit of fun with it. I haven't produced anything worthwhile yet due to lack fo time...but, so far have had fun learning the tools.

Again...awesome illo as usual!
Anonymous said…
HAHAHAHAAAHAHAHHA
Thanks. I'm not sure if that's Gorey or Dahl influenced... I love your sense of humore though.
Heather said…
I think this may be one of your best yet. Of course "Tea" will always be my favorite but this is really cute!
Derek Knight said…
nice job. So many steps! But still, nice job.
Lou said…
Thanks for the insight about ArtRage2. I bought a copy and have been having a lot of fun with it.

Great job on this illustration, too.

Popular Posts