You deserve a break today.

Derek was just saying, on behalf of half my vocal fanbase, that my fans are tired of the half-assed comics and they want something better.

I said, "How about I don't post for a week then?" Maybe a break from them is what the fans really need.

He didn't feel that was the answer.

I am going to have to do something different with the next one though. It's going to be longer than the rubberband war, and I've noticed that even though I don't change the width of my comic template when I add to the depth, the hosting site scales down the entire image proportionately so they get thinner and harder to read. So what I'm planning to do is adopt a comic-stip look for the next set rather than a comic-page look like I've been doing. I'll begin work on the first one tonight (heh) and should have it posted before I go to bed.

Also, my son said, after reading my last comic, that people may feel that I am mean to Derek since I always portray him as evil. Don't get me wrong, he's not ALWAYS evil. I'm sure he's nice to puppies and bunnies (inside joke). I'm also not saying he's one of those people who goes out of his way to be evil. For him, it's effortless. If you haven't already read how he nearly got me fired from the Gazette, head on over to his blog and check it out. For what's it's worth, I can laugh about it now.

Comments

Popular Posts