About that art program...

... yeahhhh. It seems my computer's video card isn't powerful enough to run it.

Back about two years ago when I got my computer I decided to NOT go with a G4 tower, which is relatively easy to expand and instead went with a G4 Cube which was cool looking, less expensive, compact and easier to keep out of reach of my then 2-year-old demolition expert.

It really seemed like a good idea at the time. However about a month after I bought it, Apple announced that they were discontinuing the Cube because nobody was buying it. So the price dropped to about half what I paid.

Arrgh.

Still, it was a good computer at the time. And I wasn't really regretting my decision until about a year ago. That was when I went to our work tech support guy and asked him if there was any way to increase the speed and the video card on my cube.

It's possible, but it's not cheap and it's not easy. A faster processor and more powerful video card mean increased heat and the Cube doesn't have a fan. It's quietly air cooled which was one of it's selling points. So upgrading it would mean jury-rigging the thing and it's not worth the risk of frying it and winding up without a computer.

So what it comes down to is I need a new computer. I NEEEEEED a G5 tower. But I really can't afford one.

At times like this it's a good thing that I don't have any elderly, rich relatives that have me in their will. It would lead to evil deeds and guilt, you can be sure.

*sigh*

So, no art for you people just yet. Sorry.

Comments

Popular Posts