I've never really watched "Dora" before, but after seeing this toy in the local toy palace, I really have to wonder just what she's exploring:
Apologies for the blur; this was done stealthy fast. I wish I could have gotten more angles without actually buying the thing.
It's apparently one of those "plug directly into the TV and play" game units, and I would assume that the game involves doing the things that a Dora does. No problem there.
But take a good long look at the "joystick"... I'll wait.
Doo dee dooo....
That has to be one of the most horribly suggestive designs I've ever seen on a toy for little girls. Big girl toys are a whole other ball game.
We rounded the corner at the store and even from 20 feet away I went, "Woah! Look at THAT!"
Maybe I just have a dirty mind...
1. It's a fleshy pink color.
2. It's curved slightly upward.
3. It has ridges running around the tip.
4. The monkey is very happy to see it, and if you've ever been to the zoo and seen a monkey with some time on his hands, you know why THAT'S significant.
5. Not pictured due to the quick shot nature of the photo, but IT HAS A FACE!*
6. I swear it's leeeeering! "Hey baby. I've got what you want."
7. And it's poking out of a bush.
Pretty much the only thing they could have done to make it any worse is if the tip was slightly darker and it vibrated when you touched it.
Now, as I said, I don't watch the show. However I really want to know if that stick is a character? If so, why? What does he do? Is he ever alone with Dora? Just where the hell are her parents?
Have a great weekend everyone!
* I found more pictures at Amazon. Click here. Notice how they avoided showing a side view? Two photos and no side view. And in both it looks pretty stubby. Finally, those two stars were hidden by the packaging, but they really add so much to the overall experience, especially if they are the "buttons" that make the whole thing "work".