"What the hell are you doing Collin?"

Why, I'm glad you asked, even if you did come off a bit rude. Awhile back I stumbled across the website "All Things Zombie", probably via Copygodd's website. At the time they were talking about a book that had just been released called "Cold Flesh". It's a collection of 25 short stories that each had something to do with zombies, was 461 pages long and only cost $9.99. I was itching for some zombie fiction so I ordered it. When it arrived I tore into it. All in all it's a very good collection of stories.

"That's spiffy that you've been reading a book, Collin, even though it has do with zombies (eyeroll), but so what?"

Well, I also joined up on the forum at ATZ and I got involved in a discussion about the book. One of the authors, D.L. Snell picked up on my offer to review the book and encouraged me to actually get started. Since I was nearly finished with it when I made the suggestion it meant that I would need to go back through each story, reread them and then write down how I felt about each one without giving away too much and ruining them. I've never really tried doing that before. It turns out that it's not as easy as it sounds, however I do have my first review up and D.L. Snell asked if he could re-post them at the "Cold Flesh" website. So far so good.

"You do realize that you are babbling right?"

Yes. Yes I do. I'm tired. Essentially, this means that there's an outside possibility that I may have to post here a bit less until I have the review completed. Or perhaps not. I just don't know. Also there was a request on the forum for B&W charcoal zombie art that I might make an attempt at as well. It's been ten years since I last worked in charcoal, but "back in the day" it was my medium of choice. The only problem is it's needed pretty soon. Ugh.

I would like to apologize to my readers who have possibly been following my site for awhile now – all ten or so of you – and are annoyed with this sudden focus on zombies. All I can say is that it's probably a passing phase and if you hang tight things should return to normal. Eventually.

"It damned well better, zombie-boy!"

Comments

Popular Posts