Regrets...

I'm sitting here looking at my right thumb and I realize I've missed a great opportunity. The day before last Halloween I slammed my thumb in my car door while getting out. I don't know how I did it, and I doubt I could recreate the incident if I tried.

The nail turned black at the base, but did not fall off. The blackness eventually receded into a kind of air bubble at the base of the nail, and has been traveling toward the tip ever since.

Now that it's just its own width from the tip I realized that I should have been taking a picture of it once or twice a month as it progressed on its journey. I'll grant you, it's not the Lord of the Rings, but it could have been interesting.

I could have used it to chart how quickly my thumbnail grows, which is something that every good American should know about themselves. You never know when you might need that information in court.

If I ever do injure myself in a non-lethal, non-blinding way again, I'll try to remember to document it for posterity.

Comments

Popular Posts