Can I take the heat?

I'm considering putting together a writing sample to submit to this site. The only thing that keeps me from doing it is the fact that it hasn't been updated since mid September. Oh! I almost forgot! I'm also not a writer. Other than those two things I'm all over it.

I find it interesting to read what she has to say about the past submissions. The submissions themselves are also helpful to compare against my own style of writing. "Loose and wrong" is a style, isn't it? I better hope so.

If I were to shift mediums for a moment from writing to music, then I would place my skill somewhere at the level of an occasionally amusing, usually disturbing, crazy-eyed homeless guy at the subway entrance blowing into a harmonica with a hat at his feet and a sign around his neck that reads, "Anything helps. God bless! I do parties." Your opinion may vary depending on how close you are to me and if I am armed.

What do you random visitors think? Should I give it a shot? Or do you have other suggestions/observations/personal critiques to offer?

I eagerly await your responses.

Comments

Popular Posts