Family Moments

I was reading a story at a blog I was checking out a bit ago. It has to do with something nice that his older brother had done for him when he was 7 or 8. It got me thinking about my older half-brother, Scott.

I would have been around 5 or 6 at the time. Possibly 7. My sense of time is... flawed. Scott is at least 6 or 7 years older than me which would have made him around 13. My mom, dad and I were living in an apartment building at the time. I'm not sure what floor. Well above the 4th. Possibly as high as the 12th or so.

Scott was visiting from Corpus Christi where he lived with his mom. My mom and our dad both worked so Scott was keeping an eye on me. I can no longer recall what motivated him to do this. Possibly he was just bored or I had made him angry or something. I'm thinking bored because it seems to me he was laughing at the time. He took it into his head to hold me out the window. As I recall he wanted to hear me say something before he would pull me back in. I can't remember what though. Probably something about how great he was. That kind of thing. So there I was, dangling out the window so high up that if I had slipped it would have all been over. I was terrified out of my mind.

He finally did pull me back inside and told me to calm down. He wasn't going to drop me. I must have cried for hours. To this day I always freak out a bit when I'm near the edge of a drop that is higher than 10 feet or so. Surprisingly I don't have a fear of flying. It's something to do with being on the edge.

I've heard that he has gone through some tough times in his adult life. Was in a motorcycle accident. Has a drug problem. Got kicked out of the military. Etc.

Scott, wherever you are, eat shit. Die. Burn in Hell.

Everybody else, have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts