Oops there goes another blogger's job.

I'm writing this while scarfing down my lunch in between ads. It's looking to be a busy week so I'm not sure that I will be posting much this week. I'll be taking next week off to unwind and celebrate my daughter's birthday which will either mean mo'betta posts or... well, nothing. We'll see.

While I was eating I was scanning boing boing and there were a couple of stories about bloggers who have lost their jobs, or were threatened by their employers due to their blogging that I will list...
...
...
wait for it...
...
now:

"Waterstone's fires 11-year-employee for blogging"
"Companies that have fired people for blogging"

This leads me to wonder once again what would happen if someone here where Derek and I work – other than all the freaking people we've told – were to come across our blogs and read some of the stuff we've written. Okay, mostly the stuff I've written. Derek doesn't talk about work as much as I do.

I wonder how they would go about firing me. Would I come back from lunch to find they've changed the locks and left my crap on the sidewalk with a note that reads, "Better luck next job, blog boy!"? Or would they perhaps realize that I need this occasional outlet to keep me from snapping and going on a rampage with an X-Acto, stapler and paper cutter? Would they see the humor in that previous sentence? These are all questions that I hope to never know the answers to.

And now I shall return to work. My blessed, most enjoyed provider of the funds I need to continue my meager existence and provide food for my two adorable and dependent children who would really hate it if their dad were to lose his job and their home due to somebody not having a sense of humor.

Comments

Popular Posts