Time sure flies

I hope everyone had a wonderful last four days. True to my word I goofed off for the most part. I didn't even think about my site until last night and the thought was, "Well, now what?"

Now this, I suppose. How about a random thought post? That's always fun, I'm sure.

Let's see...
-
We had a mandatory semi-annual 401k meeting this morning that I was 15 minutes late for. Judging from the glazed expressions on the people about the room as I ninja'd my way in, I'd already missed oodles of wonderful information that would have guided me to a future full of riches rather than burger flipping. Darn. I did manage to take away the impression that I might be well served to invest in 419, and possibly the lottery.
-
I actually had a reason for being late today. I stopped off at my dentist on the way in to pay the $100 that my insurance didn't cover and get a receipt so I could be reimbursed blah blah blah. I mentioned to my dentist that the tooth that was filled is very sensitive and he made me stick around for an "adjustment". I hadn't planned on that. I was hoping the answer would be "give it a bit of time and it'll be fine". But no. Soonish I found myself in THE CHAIR with him poking at my tooth. He then shaved the filling down in a couple of spots that didn't seem to be aligning right and told me to let them know if that didn't fix it. Apparently, even though it was a minor amount that it was off, the repetitive pressure on those spots had bruised my tooth over time and if I'd left it untreated eventually my mouth would have exploded. So, yay.
-
When Heather came over last night we watched some of the Bronco game until she had to go to work. At one point when the Broncos were still doing well the camera panned over the crowd and one woman was jumping up and down and clapping her hands because the opposing team (the Giants, I think: look at me showing off my manliness.) were doing something spiffy at the time. I said to Heather, "They're her little dumplings." and that amused me for a bit.
-
There was much movie watching this weekend. We saw 'Stay'. It was an interesting film, however I had a reasonable idea of how it would end by the middle. It reminded me of another movie I'd seen but won't mention the title of because I want Heather to see it and I don't want the end of that film spoiled. Or this one for that matter. The only annoying thing is the trailer made the film look like it would be creepy and it wasn't. I hate when that happens.
-
The other film we saw was 'Wallace & Grommit in the Curse of the Were-Rabbit'. That was very enjoyable. A veritable onion of funny. Just as it was starting to feel a little bit overlong it got fun again. Well worth seeing. It really sucks that Aardman's storage unit burned down.
-
I bought the new game 'Stubbs the Zombie' for the XBox. Surprise! First off, very fun. It's so satisfying to creep up behind a cop who is firing at other members of your undead hoard, hoist him up by his armpits and take a big bite out of his melon. It might get old after awhile, but give it a day off and it'll be fun again. Now the downsides: Too short. I beat it the same day I started playing it. That's rare. Annoying controls. You have to remain still and facing your zombies to be able to call them to you because it uses the same button that you push to bite heads. It should have been mapped to the black or white button instead. Too linear. I was really hoping for something along the lines of Grand Theft Auto: Zombie Edition. Instead you have a linear level progression and no randomness to your enemies. Obviously this is due to it being made on the Halo engine rather than the GTA3 engine. Hopefully someone at Rockstar North will push for a zombie themed game at some point. In the end, however, I don't regret getting it because it was fun while it lasted. If you like zombies and have an XBox you might want to give it a rent to see if it's for you.
-
That's probably enough for a Monday. I hope everyone has a good week. I may – may I say – give another go at one of the creative things I've done in the past. Possible a PoE cartoon. It's been awhile since I've visited them.

Comments

Popular Posts