Fun Things

---
Seeing an elderly woman who's mammoth Cadillac was cut off by a lumbering white pickup truck pull up alongside of him, lightly tap her horn and toss him quite an impressive bird. Full extension with a bit of a flick for emphasis. Go granny!
---
A guy hitchhiking at a bus stop. Standing there with his thumb out all sad looking. As I drove past I thought, Man. Isn't there something in the hitchhikers handbook about choosing your location? How can I have much sympathy for this guy when I know a ride will be along for him shortly?
---
Having lunch with Heather when a homeless guy wanders in from the street and eats food that was left behind at the table next to us. Somehow, I didn't see this. Heather did however and I did see him wobble over to some other tables looking for more noshies before he headed down the stairs to the bathroom. He was down there for at least ten minutes. I wonder what the crew found in there at the end of the day.
---
I'm a bit of a freak about germs when it comes to food and eating utensils. I got it from my mom. I've passed some of it along to my son. Got to have some traditions. Monday night after getting back from the grocery store I started to make fish sticks for dinner. When I opened the box it was soggy and all of the little sticks were mostly thawed. Money's tight but my impulse was still to toss them out and call it a loss. I was telling Heather about it on the phone and she talked me into cooking them. Both kids said they were the best fish sticks they had ever eaten. Naturally I didn't tell them the secret. The girl would have been fine with it but the boy would have been ooked.
---
I really like Richard Cheese's new CD, but I saw at his site you can get all three of his CDs with an autographed storage box for...um... more than I had to spend but still. It would have been extra cool.
---

Comments

Popular Posts