Pardon the language.

You know. The "F" word. As in "Fucking Hell! I just found out from the home site's message board that fucking Showtime canceled 'Dead Like Me'! Fuckers!" etc.

Sorry about that, but this really, really pisses me off. No, I never watched it on Showtime, but for what it's worth I rarely watch any TV series while it's airing. I get what I like on DVD*. Heather gave me the first season of DLM as a birthday present and I bought the second season a couple weeks ago as soon as I saw it on the shelf.

So now 'Dead Like Me' joins 'Freaks & Geeks' and 'Miracles' as another show that I loved that is now over unless someone with the power pulls their head out of their butt and revives it before the actors move on. I can't even determine if they filmed a third season or not. It looks like they might have done half of it.

So.

Something of substance from me still to come. I just wanted to share my annoyance.

-
* Let's see, off the top of my head: King of the Hill, The Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, Dilbert, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Invader Zim, Ren & Stimpy Show, Harvy Birdman, Sealab 2021, Beavis & Butthead, South Park, Rex the Runt, CSI, Columbo, MST3K, Monk, Twilight Zone, Ultraviolet, Freaks & Geeks, The Avengers, Highlander, X-Files, Danger 50,000 Volts!, Only Fools & Horses, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Kids in the Hall, The Thin Blue Line, The Young Ones, Bottom, The Office, Secret Agent, Oz, Black Adder, Red Dwarf, Father Ted, League of Gentlemen, Mr. Show, Reno 911, Chappelle's Show, Three's Company, That 70's Show, Quantum Leap, Malcolm in the Middle, Married With Children, Soap, Strangers With Candy, The Prisoner, Band of Brothers... I know there are more that I'm forgetting. I like TV, I just like it better on my schedule (I know, I need tivo). Yes, a lot of the shows I have are finished or cancelled, but a lot of them were also given an ending when their time was done. It sucks having something end without a resolution, especially after only one or two seasons.

Comments

Popular Posts