Oh you dog.

No CliparToon today as I am slammed. I might get one up later. Much later. Otherwise it won't be until tomorrow. Rather than leave you with nothing, here's a post I started yesterday.

Justin C. sent me this link yesterday:

What Dog Are You?

It leads to a very well designed site about an upcoming British comedy called "Gone to the Dogs," a "surreal comedy about the trials of canine metamorphosis."

At the site they also have a quiz called "What dog are you?" You have to click to it from a link at the bottom of the right side of the main page. It leads to one of the best Flash interfaces I've seen in ages. I wish, oh I wish that I could do something as good as that in Flash. Ahem. Here are the details of the quiz/game:

--
There's a dog inside all of us, waiting to be let out. This game is based on a computer called SUKA built in 1975 by Russian scientist Mikhail Volkonsky and now housed in the London Science Museum.

SUKA is powered by CATS (Canine Algorithmic Transfer System™) which is able to determine what kind of dog you are. Simply answer 10 questions, being as honest and accurate as possible and CATS will calculate which breed you resemble the most.
--

Here are my results:



Dog Name: Hovawart

Origins:
Germany. The name Hovawart comes from the German "Hofewart" meaning estate or watch dog, but its role for many years seems to have been as a companion dog that will rise to the occasion if required.

Personality:
A home loving, naturally protective animal that makes an ideal watchdog. Loyal to the family but with the tendency to become strictly devoted to one person. Generally good natured and even- tempered it occasionally becomes aggressive, especially towards strangers.

Comments

Popular Posts